- Relevant – the content matches both undergraduate and postgraduate curricula
- Readable – features summary boxes of key knowledge throughout the text. the consistent layout and style of tables, graphics and diagrams aids easy understanding of complex concepts. Also includes algorithms to assist the reader in understanding paent care pathways
- Current – highlights where major developments in surgical pracce have occurred or are likely to transforms surgical pracce in the next decade
- Contemporary – includes expanded coverage of paediatric surgery and transplant srugery. Emphasises the importance of the muldisciplinary team approach, together with paent engagement in diffiicult decision making
- Authoritave – every chapter has been revised by expert authors, and the most up-to-date content is included in a fmiliar format
- Digital resources – readers can access extra content via the dedicated Bailey & Love website, which includes questions and answers, expanded content, videos and more.