The biochemistry fundamentals every medical student needs to master—presented clearly and succinctly, with numerous case studies
Concise but packed with medically relevant examples, Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry combines top-quality full-color illustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease. This authoritative clinical guide includes more than 600 illustrations, with each chapter featuring a section on biomedical importance summarizing the given topic
Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry deliver the information students need to build their understanding of toxic naturally occurring amino acids; extraterrestrial biomolecules; computer-aided drug design; the role of complement cascade in bacterial and viral infection; secreted mediators of cell-cell signaling between leukocytes; the role of mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils; the hazard of antioxidants that down-regulate radical signaling for apoptosis and increase risk of cancer, and much more.
1. Market: Medical students.
2. 600 photos and illustrations. 3. NEW chapter on the importance and pervasiveness of transition metals.
4. Case studies emphasize the clinical relevance of biochemistry.
5. Review questions follow each of the eleven sections
6. “Objectives” boxes define the goals of each chapter. 7. Tables encapsulate key information